A cigarette rolling machine is a very nifty item to have if you love to smoke cigarettes while creating a stick by rolling special paper over your dried tobacco leaves. There are some who see this as a new trend in smoking nowadays. However, others simply prefer to use their own blend of tobacco and their favorite rolling paper in order to get their premium smoke. We’ve reviewed the five best cigarette rolling machines that are good for making standard, 100mm and King size sticks; from simple and cheap $3 one up to a $64 electric cigarette injector machine.
What You Will Learn from This Guide:
The rolling machine is actually a convenient item that will reduce your time rolling a cigarette. It simply works by applying tobacco over the designated area of the machine (which typically depends on the type of machine you’re using for rolling). You also need to place the rolling paper on a separate area of the machine, which also depends on the type of rolling machine. Make sure you apply a safe type of adhesive, or lick the adhesive part of the rolling paper if there’s any, before completely rolling.
Cigarette rolling machines often have a mechanism for rolling the paper to wrap the tobacco; be sure to use that part to make sure the tobacco is fully loaded and that the rolling paper is properly placed onto the machine. Otherwise, it may tear the rolling paper or may not form a cigarette stick properly.
Primary Features of a Cigarette Rolling Machine
Here are some of the notable benefits that you can get when using the product:
- Prevents the Paper from Tearing - There are times where the paper may tear off if you tend to roll using your hand. The machine is more “delicate” than your hand in treating the paper as it gets rolled with the tobacco to form the stick.
- Creates an All-Natural Cigarette - Manufactured cigarettes are often produced with preservatives on the dried leaves, which is the actual cause of diseases for smokers. But if you have the rolling machine, you will always have the choice of using all-natural tobacco leaves to apply on your cigarette, so you won’t get any health risks in the long run.
- Avoids Mess - Rolling the tobacco with your hand can be a hassle when you’re a beginner since there might be a lot of tobacco that may fall off.
- Rolls Accurately - Beginners will love this type of machine since it creates a perfect cigarette stick in terms of its shape and smoothness. Some beginners in rolling a cigarette stick may tend to create a lousy-looking stick.
- Avoids Any Wasted Tobacco and Smoke - The perfect appearance of the stick doesn’t just look as good as a manufactured cigarette; it also avoids any wasted tobacco when using the cigarette. The rolling machine ensures that the whole stick will have equal amounts of tobacco so that it can be smoked without burning the tobacco too much when you’re not hitting it.
- Affordable - These rolling machines don’t cost more than $30. You won’t waste too much money if you want to consider buying one.
Types of Cigarette Rolling Machines
These products also have different types which vary in terms of its mechanism. One may be better than the other, depending on your preference. Here are the following:
- Injectors - These rolling machines are made to fill up a cigarette stick with ease once you load and operate the crank of this machine. It may control the amount you want to load to your stick, but you may need to roll the paper separately or manually using your hands.
- Thumb Rollers - The thumb roller is considered the very basic model of the manual roller. This type ensures that you can experiment on various sizes though. But you still need to check if the size of the roller suits the size of your paper. These also take a long time to form your stick, and there’s also a risk that you can make a bad one as well. But nonetheless, it’s the most affordable.
- Electronic Rollers - These are the same as injectors but are more expensive and work using electricity. It’s the type of rolling machine that works the fastest.
There are also several factors to consider when you wish to purchase the best quality. Here are the following:
- Type - First, think about the type of cigarette rolling machine that you want to purchase. The types we mentioned earlier are enough to serve as your choices for this factor. Just think what’s the easiest to use, and see if it’s necessary to buy it depending on the other factors listed below:
- Build - Rolling machines are built with materials intended to make them last longer. Some are made of plastic that’s typically set to a lower price than the metallic rolling machines. But both are known to last very long; just make sure that you’re careful when handling one.
- Size - There are some rolling machines that may fit the average-size cigarette, but take note that king-sized rolling machines also exist for those who want to craft a larger type of cigar or cigarette. Larger sizes will surely increase the price, but the purchase of these machines is worth it.
- Price - The price varies upon the type and build. In terms of the type, it’s a known fact that electric rolling machines generally cost higher than the manual ones. Electric roiling machines cost 10 times more than manual types. So, check if you really need an electric rolling machine, and think about your intended budget when buying one.
Here are the best cigarette rolling machines for sale in online stores and other shops:
The Top-O-Matic cigarette rolling machine is one of the most popular machines as it can handle various types of cigarette sizes. The product is made of metal to ensure durability and long-lasting quality than the plastic variants. Some even say that it can last for more than 5 years if you know how to properly maintain one. The rolling machine has a lever-action injection with an adjustable switch to craft almost any type of cigarette size. It also contains a filtered tube which ensures that all tobacco loaded into the machine will be delivered straight to your stick.
Raw Hemp Plastic Cigarette Rolling Machine
The simple and cheap Raw Hemp Plastic Cigarette Rolling Machine is an amazing investment for your rolling needs if you only wish to have a manual roller. This is considered as a popular choice in the market even if it’s not as fully effective as the other types of rolling machines mentioned here. This simple roller is only fit for smaller sizes as it only measures 79mm. But it has a plastic made of hemp fiber to ensure that it’s an all-natural product meant for rolling.
ZigZag 100m Cigarette Rolling Machine
This product is known to be very affordable and can roll both small and large cigarette sticks. The product may not be made of hemp plastic unlike the product above, but it also costs as cheap as the Raw rolling machine.
Powermatic Mini Cigarette Injector
This miniature version of the first-generation Powermatic model is a smaller but more compact machine that possibly fits on your pocket. It’s a manual cigarette roller that’s still capable of rolling king size cigarettes and is known to be easier for beginners to handle. But if you’re still confused on how to use it, this product comes with instructions so you can get started right away.
Powermatic 2 PLUS
Powermatic is known to be a very famous product in the market. It even captured the attention of most online stores for being a good cigarette rolling machine. This electric rolling machine has a spoon injection to perfectly place everything in your rolled paper without any spillage, even when the stick’s full. The injector can be operated with a crank to ensure that it will load tobacco with ease. The product also works for all sizes, so you won’t need to purchase a different rolling machine.
Top 5 FAQs
If you wish to learn a whole lot more when it comes to using these nifty rolling machines, then take note of the following FAQs to get a good overview:
Is it Good for Regular Smokers?
The cigarette rolling machine will surely suit your needs, especially if you tend to smoke daily. Those who tend to smoke one or two packs of cigarettes a day may definitely need this product to ensure that their needs will be given effect by the machine itself.
Can You Smoke Other Than Tobacco by Using the Machine?
It may be uncommon, but there are some who prefer to use other plants aside from tobacco. Some who smoke herbal products can also get the same benefit from using the rolling machine for cigarette smokers.
How to Clean the Rolling Machine?
There is no need to use a wet cloth over the machine; you just have to use a dry cloth after shaking all of the excess tobacco and other residue off the machine.
Do I Need Any Experience in Rolling with My Hands to Use These?
Even beginners who don't really have any idea how to roll a paper with tobacco can actually use these machines with ease. If you're still confused, look for the instructions provided along with the product.
How Can I Roll the Perfect Stick?
What you need is a bit of patience and more practice to create the perfect stick out of your rolling machine. The product will only take less than a day for you to fully grasp its usage and mechanism.
Tips and Life Hacks
There are several tips you may want to take note to easily use the rolling machines:
- Don’t place too much tobacco on the rolling machine’s chamber as it may cause you to create a very tight stick. This will waste tobacco, or you’ll have a hard time hitting your stick.
- If there is a space in front of the filter, be sure to place enough tobacco as well.
- Clear the injection or the roller from any tobacco to ensure that it won’t affect your next stick. Injectors should be cleaned regularly to prevent clogging when using it again.
- Simply cut the rolling paper if your machine is short.
- Otherwise, you may use a smaller rolling paper for a larger type of rolling machine.
Pros and Cons
There’s no such thing as a perfect product. Here are the following:
- Prevents the paper from tearing, compared to manually rolling it with your hands.
- Avoids any spillage of tobacco leaves whatsoever.
- Ensures a clean-looking stick without any dirt or other residue as long as you clean the machine.
- It helps you make an all-natural cigarette since you will need natural tobacco for this product.
- Very affordable.
- Beginners may have a hard time using the product before they master rolling with the machine.
- Improper placement of the rolling paper may tear it upon operation.
- Electronic rollers may not work with manual operation, but this depends on the model.
- Some may think you’re using it to roll a different “stick”.
Comparative Chart of Cigarette Rolling Machine
Rolling machines are extremely nifty for those who love to smoke cigarettes or any type of herbal product. While the rolling machine won’t help you with your health concerns, this product will do wonders if you are looking for the most efficient means to craft your own cigarette to show off to your friends, or for the sake of your own relaxation.